Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Amazing Home Theatre Setup.... I mean - Check Out that Fan!


As I google image searched for new, exciting Vornado stuff, I came across this pic that was posted by "schroedk" in an AV enthusiast forum post. How can you not covet this... that Vornado is glorious!

Seriously though- this is quite the rig - not only would Avatar look pretty cool on this 110" screen- but he can surf the web too. The Velodyne subs would really rock your socks off.

I realized that the screen and speakers are so massive that it kind of takes things out of proportion- that appears to be a full size Vornado 733 Circulator - which isn't exactly small (when it's not being compared to a screen that even the Starlite Drive In would consider to be big.)

I have a suggestion for schroedk - pop in the Twister DVD and crank that Vornado up to high...

4 comments:

  1. LOL...imagine my surprise when I got a "google alert" regarding this page. I happen to be schroedk, and this is my newly-remodeled home theater setup. That is indeed the Vornado 733, plugged into a Belkin remote-control power strip so I can turn the fan on/off by the room door. A couple clarifications about the rest of the setup, though. The screen is actually 136" 2.35:1 (scope), and the subwoofers are AV123 MFW-15's (with the good amps, for those in the know). I've since added some acoustic panels to the room, as well as swapped out the front speakers (those are Definitive Technology PM900's in the pic; they've been replaced by a pair of DT BP30's). Surfing the internet is pretty intense on such a big screen, as is playing my PS3. Thankfully the Vornado helps to cool me down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to meet you Keith! Thanks for clarifying on the setup. My apolgies for accusing your screen of being a measly 110" ;) It occurs to me that I underquoted your screen by 26" - which happens to be the size of the largest flatscreen in my house!

    If you happen to shoot any more pix (including the recent improvements) I'd love to see them. I'd welcome a few more ideas for my own setup... some fine day.

    I'm on flickr as Vornadofan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I have gone through from your post it is really very nice and your ideas is very creative. You have defined the best use of Home Theatre San Diego. To get the Best Home Theatre San Diego services visit at Home Theatre San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed on how enormous your TV screen was, however, I'd like to make a few suggestions regarding the limitations of your setup. First off, your sound system channels should be on every corner to spread the sound evenly. Next thing is that the DVD is limited to playing only a number of video file formats. I would suggest using an external HD or computer for that part.
    - AudioInput.com

    ReplyDelete