Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Most Baddest Record Player Ever - Clairtone

I just found a buyer for my Sylvania console record player (not the one above) today via Craigslist. *Sigh* I hate to let her go but I just don't have enough room in my house to dedicate a whole wall to a record player. At least I'll still be able to enjoy the tone of vinyl via a component turntable... And at least I now have a pie-in-the-sky dream for another console system that I can love even more than my trusty Sylvania. The Clairtone G2. Endorsed by Sinatra and coveted for over 40 years by lovers of mid-century modern design- this is hands down the coolest record player out there.

A little reading last night uncovered some very interesting sites dedicated to this icon of design. Namely:
A full G2 Restoration project
Great shots of a Clairtone Manual
The Art of Clairtone Book
And perhaps my favorite - a site built by designexchange.ca dedicated to the subject.

Working in a business like Vornado - where both product design and performance must exceed the status quo - Clairtone is an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment